Have you been thinking about expanding your career and make a bold move to become an entrepreneur? Anne Trompeter shares how she transitioned from working as a Creative Director to Principal and the steps that she took to own a company. Think about how you can make an impact by taking your passion, make a plan and bring your vision to life. Anne shares how she is a mentor, helps connect people and so much more. Listen to this super charged interview and discover how you can make your next bold move, accelerate your career and take things in your marketing plan to a new level.
How to amplify your career with these power tips:
- Look for people who can contribute to your career.
- Pay it Forward-Mentors are important because they believe in you and give you feedback and honest feedback-you have this-go do it.
- We all need confidence and it is a big part of mentorship which offers you perspective.
- Business mentors help you find the right people in areas where you feel unsure and they can help to make you more knowledgeable.
- Mentors can help you backfill the gaps that you have.
- Mentors have connections that can help you in your career.
- Find people who have qualities that you aspire to and ask them to mentor you-remember to be very specific on what it is you need from them.
We are the five people that we surround ourselves with-find the right people who can help lift you up.
- Join professional organizations and be an active participant.
- Participate in committees that help you make connections and aid you in ways you don’t even know were possible.
- Be engaged while at an event and be the person in the front row.
- Spend as little time as possible speaking, listen to the other person more than you talk.
- After meeting people at an event, step into the hallway and make notes about your conversation.
- Meaningful connections happen when you are an active listener – it helps bridge differences.
“A trick I use sometimes-walking around with a colleague when I meet people for the first time…it can feel more conversational and comfortable for the person we are talking with”-Anne Trompeter
New Trend Mindset
DIY ideas from marketers who have great suggestions and want to bring several together to execute as one cohesive message.
Conglomerates- Big companies buying other companies creates a lot of disruption and opportunities. The challenge is to make huge stories or brand concepts into one simplified message and integrate it all together.
If you have any questions about the topics we covered in this episode-reach out to me at Rock Your Trade Show, I love hearing from you!
Thanks to Anne Trompeter for sharing her insights and inspiring Rock Your Trade Show listeners! Visit Live Marketingto find Anne Trompeter.