Want to really differentiate your marketing program this year? Check out how Marcia Deem, CTSM recently won two big awards, MeetingsNet 2018 Changemakers award for Leaders, Innovators and Disruptors and the Exhibitor All Star Award and how it differentiated her marketing program in this latest interview. Each award included doing something truly disruptive in the trade show industry and Marcia demonstrated innovation, taking risks and more importantly finding ways to think way outside the box. Marcia taped into her creativity to win stakeholder buy-in, achieve measurable financial results and establish new customer evangelists at a new industry vertical show. Discover how you can rock your trade show program and become an all-star like Marcia by implementing her strategies.
6 Power Tips To Stand Out and Win Buy-In
1. Involve Leadership: Invite key executives within your organization to be speakers and stay involved in the event.
2. Show Value: Marcia shares how she showed ROI for each event using a dashboard that was shared with decision makers within her organization. Leadership were so impressed with the results that they increased their participation from 2 to 70 shows.
3. Create an Online Meeting Hub: Realizing that having information centrally located, Marcia created a single location where employees could gain access.
“Because so often we say we are unqualified for something, what we are really saying is that we are too scared to try it, not that we can’t do it”-Jen SinceroMarcia shares her favorite book: “You are a Badass How to stop doubting Your Greatness and start living your Awesome Life” by Jen Sincero
4. Find a Cheerleader Who Will Encourage You: Marcia shared how Robyn Davis recommended she submit her name for the Exhibitor Magazine All Star award. Having Robyn’s support made the difference and Marcia to reach out to her boss and write up their success story.
5. Enter a New Market and Attract New Customers: Marcia shares her 3-part strategy to convert potential new prospects to become evangelists for her company in a new vertical by implementing an advisory panel of new customers, create buzz before, during and after the show.
6. Become a Speaker at an Industry Conference: If you really want to differentiate yourself, try speaking at a conference-and it can be a panel like Marcia is going to do at ExhibitorLive in her Peer2Peer Improvement Panel.
Looking to achieve Results like Marcia? Reach out to me, I am here to help! And you will be entered in our raffle for a full ExhibitorLive2019 registration.
Final words to consider from Marcia’s interview:
“You need to go from wanting to change your life, to deciding to change your life”-Jen Sincero