Are you looking for unique ways to engage your attendees at your next association event? In this interview with Michael Rosenberg, Managing Director MCI and Managing Director HCEA (Healthcare Exhibitors Association) describes how his association helps attendees get the most out their conference experience. Find out why it is so important to offer different strategies to encourage interaction at a conference beyond education. We talked live about how successful HCEA was in creating many touch points for social interaction.
Top 5 Tips for Attendee Engagement:
- Location: Choose a venue that is easy to access both from a transportation perspective but also every aspect at a hotel if you have a smaller conference. The Miami Convention and Visitor bureau worked for many years with HCEA to create a fantastic experience start to finish in the hotel.
- Get Social: Find ways that attendees can communicate at different touch points. If you offer an app, make sure attendees are able to connect with each other inside the app.
- Trade Show Floor Integration: Michael shares how they had a “ted” talk meet the expert session in the center of the hall as well as meals served inside the hall to help encourage attendee-exhibitor interaction.
- Clear Communication: Engage the audience early in the excitement and make sure there are guides at the venue to help people find their way easily.
- Follow-up. One thing HCEA does really well is stay connected with the attendee more than most conferences.
Looking to get involved? Check out HCEAInnovate coming up at the end of March at the Exhibitor Show. Don’t miss the opportunity to network and maximize your results at an event you are planning.
As always, if you have any questions about things we discussed on this show, or if I can help you in any way, reach out to me, I love hearing from you.
A big thanks to Michael for being on the show today!
Be sure to stay tuned next week, for a very exciting guest Anna Maria Chavez.