Discover how you can get promoted and add value with Cathy Breden, Executive Vice President and COO at IAEE and CEIR who shares leadership, advocacy and future industry trends. In the interview we discuss how she went from Director of Membership to leading a global association and the core principles of getting promoted-a lot of hard work and stepping outside of your comfort zone every day. Many listeners ask about next steps in your career and Cathy shares key insights not only about her career, but also the state of the trade show industry, future trends, resources you can use from CEIR and so much more.
5 Career and Trade Show Industry Insights:
- Find the right place to work. Cathy shares how IAEE offered great family friendly workplace that gave her work-life balance and the ability to get promoted.
- See the World on a Global Scale. Looking forward regardless of the situation with China and trade wars, business is moving east – by the year 2050 economic power will be between India and China.
- CEIR, Center for Exhibition Industry Research, looks at economic performance back to the 2000 and creates a forecast three years out. Using this resource, associations and marketers can understand where our industry is going in the future.
- IAEE helps to advocate on key issues like the online booking scam and is helping to promote key legislation to help end hackers from falsely creating hotel registration sites with two pieces of legislation in congress.
- CEIR is a resource that includes surveys in all industries and finds out what corporate heads of marketing are thinking, what channels they will be using in the future and budget plans. These insights are valuable to marketers, suppliers and associations alike.
Do you have questions about leadership, advocacy and industry trends? Reach out to me, I love hearing from you and helping you solve problems.
For more information about IAEE and CEIR visit the website and check out the IAEE event calendar and CEM program. Certification program has 11 modules and you need 9 to be certified.
A special thanks to Cathy Breden for being on the show and also for being on a panel about Exhibitions day which will be featured in a future episode.